Friday, March 17, 2006

The Collapse of British Society

Don’t read on if the word ‘cunt’ offends…


I was in the pub a few nights ago with a friend discussing the way we go through phases of using certain words, and how these phases bring new words into our everyday vocab that replace older words (we’re thrilling company!).

From here we realised that we say the word ‘cunt’ much more than the word ‘marmalade’. This isn’t all that surprising for two twenty something Londoners, but quite worrying given that we estimated that we have a ‘Cunt to Marmalade Ratio’ of several hundred to one.

This is very demographic specific of course, many countries use neither word. Young children probably say ‘marmalade’ more, as with most older people.

I would therefore be fascinated to hear your thoughts on this. What is your Cunt to Marmalade ratio? Please comment/email with your thoughts and ratios (include age and location)! If I get enough replies, I will get some stats together.

(The irony of realising that I have such an obscene Cunt to Marmalade Ratio, subsequently reducing it, hasn’t been lost on me)

((also, why are you here? Go here!))

6 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure which one I enjoy eating more. At least marmalade is more appropriate at breakfast.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living in the US, we really don't say either very much. I have observed, to some of my other British friends, that, in The Colonies, "cunt" is actually worse than saying "fuck," ya cheeky cunt. I've always wanted to bring it back as a popular part of modern speech, but my wife keeps slapping me in the back of my head when I say it.

We call Marmalade jelly or jam here.

Where's the new interview!?!?!?!
(ya marmaladey cunt)

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, new interview was funny, but a little below your normally high-standard for comedy. We could totally tell that the one guy was doing both voices. Were you guys stoned on marmalade? Also, I totally missed what a "lemon" is. I think it was some cockney rhyme that went over my head.

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the US (NC) and my ratio M/C ratio yields and error - both are zero and 0/0 is impossible. :)

Brian

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger neildeal1 said...

I hate marmelade but love cunt.

Although in the presence of the mrs, like all sensible males, i say "the C word"

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want to see societal collapse?!?! Stop by The Sarcastic Idiocy Forum and see for yourself.

http://www.thesif.net/SIF/index.php?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cheap Domain Registration